My layout for the Faith Sisters: Jesus, My Dearest Friend challenge. I chose to do my layout this way, because I hear the "I am a friend of God" theme so often...but I don't hear anyone emphasizing the actual important part of Jesus' words, "if you do what I command." Jesus isn't a casual friend, He is our Lord--I don't feel right jumping up and down with excitement about the word "friend" -- I don't feel that it is taken in the right context--Jesus is not merely an acquaintance; He is our SAVIOR!
I am not here to derive joy from my relationship with God; I am here to worship Him, to work for Him, and to tell the world about Him. In His amazing Grace I do receive peace and joy from this relationship, but though He loves me as a friend, I am yet His servant.
It is in words such as this that we should find our joy!
Would allow yourself to be
nailed to the cross for your friend?
Can you even fathom what that means?
We must become that kind of friend!
"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my
commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:9–17
commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:9–17AND ON TO MY EXCITING NEWS! AND ON TO MY EXCITING NEWS! AND ON TO MY EXCITING NEWS! AND ON TO MY EXCITING NEWS!
Woohoo--Go me!!!
Woohoo--Go me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment